Acer AcerNote 350
- Supported CPU's:
- Cyrix 586-100
- Intel 486DX4/75 3.3V with SMI
- (CPU Not Upgradable)
- BIOS: ACER
- Suspend to Disk Util: ASTDK
- On-Board Memory:
- 0MB RAM
- 0MB External Cache(Not Upgradable)
- 16KB Internal Cache Memory
- 1MB DRAM(Not Upgradable)
- Hard Drive Type: 2.5" 12.5 mm IDE
- Floppy Drive Type: 3.5", 1.44MB removeable
- Video Displays:
- 10.4" DS STN 640x480x64K (VGA)
- 10.4" DS STN 800x600x256 (SVGA)
- 10.2" AM TFT 640x480x64K (VGA)
- 9.4" AM TFT 640x480x256 (VGA)
- (800x600x256 & 1024x768x256 supported on external display)
- Chipset: ALI M1429L, M1431
- Video Chipset: Local bus w/ 1MB
- Input Devices:
- 82-/83-/87-key Keyboard
- I/O Ports:
- 9-pin Serial Port (RS-232)
- 25-pin Parallel Port
- 15-pin CRT Port
- 6-pin PS/2 keypad/keyboard/mouse connector
- 240-pin Expansion Connector
- One PCMCIA Type II SIR (serial infared) port (IrDA-compliant)
The AcerNote 350 uses standard SO (Small Outline) 70ns fast page mode 5 volt memory. There are 2 slots, which take 4/8/16MB chips up to a maximum of 32MB.
1. Slide the two clips holding the keyboard in place toward the front of the unit.
2. These clips are located below the CTRL and DOWN ARROW keys respectively.
3. Lift the keyboard and gently lay it against the display screen.
4. Locate the heat shield directly beneath the keyboard ribbon cables.
5. Locate the 2 screws holding the heat shield in place.
6. Remove the 2 screws holding the heat shield in place and remove the heat shield itself.
7. Locate the DIMM slots beneath the keyboard ribbon cables.
8. Add memory and replace heat shield and keyboard.
9. Run ASTDK for the suspend to disk feature to recognize the new memory size.