Advent 7250 Laptop
|CPU||Intel Celeron 500MHz|
|BIOS||Phoenix BIOS. Press F2 to enter|
|Memory||64MB PC100 SDRAM SODIMM (1 memory slot. Max 320MB)|
|Hard Drive||6.4 GB Fujitsu|
|CD Drive||Toshiba SD-C2202 DVD ROM|
|Floppy Drive||Floppy disk drive fitted|
|Video Card||Silicon Motion Lynx3DM 4MB|
|MPEG Decoder||ALI MPEG Decoder M3309|
|Sound Card||Yamaha OPL3|
|PC Card||Will take either 2x Type I/II or 1x Type III|
|Modem||Rockwell SoftK56 (V.90 K56Flex HSP PCI Modem)|
1x Audio Input
1x Kensington Lock
|Battery||L7000 (10.8v 4500mAh)|
|Made By||Asus L7200|
The laptop should have been supplied with a "Utilities and Drivers" CD which contains a copy of all the drivers.
This laptop has one memory upgrade slot which is accessed by removing the compartment cover underneath the laptop. It also has 64MB built into the motherboard, this cannot be removed or upgraded.
Fn + F1 - Enter Suspend Mode
Fn + F2 - Toggle Numeric Keypad On/Off
Fn + F5 - Increase Display Brightness
Fn + F6 - Decrease Display Brightness
Fn + F7 - Toggles the Display Panel On/Off
Fn + F8 - Toggles Between LCD and External Displays
Fn + F10 - Toggles the Speakers On/Off
Fn + F11 - Increase Speaker Volume
Fn + F12 - Decrease Speaker Volume
In the Box
- Advent recovery CD
- Recovery CD boot floppy disk
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Notebook utilities and drivers CD
- Advent 7250 notebook
- Mains power adapter
- Mains power cable
- UK modem cable
- Advent "Read this first" booklet
- Advent user manual
- Warranty information
- Getting started with Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Freeserve leaflet
This procedure will erase all your files, make sure that you save any important files to disk before you begin this procedure. If the recovery procedure asks for a password at any point then the password is "MAXIMUM".
A Bootable Recovery CD is supplied with these machines (some earlier machines are supplied with a bootable floppy disk). To recover the system:-
- Insert the CD (and floppy disk if required) into the appropriate drive.
- Reboot your PC.
- You will be asked if you wish to proceed. Press Y followed by Enter. Note. This procedure will erase all your files, make sure that you save any important files to disk before you begin this procedure.
- The Ghost program will now be load, this takes a little time so be patient.
- You will be presented with another screen asking if you wish to load partition information, press Y at this point at the recovery will begin.
- The recovery is a simple ghost procedure and upon completion you will be asked to remove the bootable recovery CD and floppy disk and restart the computer.
- The computer should now be recovered back to manufacturers defaults.
The notebook is supplied with a Utility CD. This can be used to restore corrupt drivers.