Advent 3408A PC
|CPU||Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz|
|BIOS||Award BIOS. Press the Delete key to enter|
|Motherboard||TriGem Elite L4S5M|
|Memory||512MB DDR PC2100 RAM (2 memory slots. Max 2GB)|
|Hard Drive||80 GB Samsung SV8004H|
|CD Drive||16 x Samsung SD-616T DVD-ROM|
32x 10x 40x HL-DT-ST GCE 8320B CDRW
|Floppy Drive||Floppy disk drive fitted|
|Video Card||nVIDIA Geforce4 MX 420 64 MB TV-Out|
|Sound Card||Avance AC'97 SoundMax|
|Speakers||Juster TGX-S2500 stereo speakers|
|Modem||Conexant 56K PCI WinModem|
|Network Card||Realtek 8139 / 180X (Onboard)|
|Ports||1x PS/2 Keyboard|
1x PS/2 Mouse
|Keyboard||Standard PS/2 Keyboard|
|Mouse||Standard PS/2 Mouse|
To open your computer you must first remove the 3 thumbscrews from the back, the CPU vent can be removed by releasing the 4 plastic retaining clips. Next, slide the case backwards then lift away from the main unit.
The front bezel has 6 retaining clips, 3 located on each side of the case. Release these clips then pull the bezel away with the hand grip underneath. Note: the bezel is connected to a very short power cable. Exercise caution when removing.
- CPU Support: Socket 478 supports the Intel Pentium 4 processor
- System Memory: Two 184-pin DDR DIMM sockets for 2.5V DDR SDRAM (DDR333). Maximum: 2GB.
- Core Logic (Chipset):
- SiS 645 & SiS 961 Chipset.
- SiS 645 Host/Memory controller with DDR333 and AGP4X North Bridge Single Chipset
- SiS 961 MuTIOL Media I/O
- LPC I/O - IT8705F
- System Hardware Monitor: Built-in IT8705F
- LAN: RealTek 8100/B (optional)
- AC97 Audio Codec: Compliant with AC97 2.1 specification
- IO Controller: Socket 478 supports the Intel Pentium 4 processor
- Supports Plug and Play function
- PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse connectors
- Dual USB Ports and LAN connector
- One - EPP/ECP mode parallel port
- One - 16550 high-speed serial I/O ports
- Audio Ports (Line-in, Line-out, Mic-in, CD-in and game port)
- Dual PCI IDE interfaces - support four IDE devices (PIO mode 4, DMA Mode 2, Ultra DMA 66/100)
- Supports 360K~2.88M Byte, 3 Mode FDDs or LS120
- ATX12V Power Supply Connectors
- Ports, Headers and Others:
- IrDA header (STR)
- Front Panel MIC/Line-out header
- COM2 header
- Four Extra USB header (LUSB1 and LUSB2)
- Temperature read header
- Smart Card Reader Header
- Modem-In header
- HDD LED, Reset Switch, Power Switch headers
- CPU, Power and Case Fan headers
- Bios Specifications: Award 2MB Flash EEPROM. Supports Plug and Play 1.0A, AMP 1.2, Multi Boot, DMI. Support for ACPI revision 1.0 specification
In the Box
- Advent recovery CDs (x2)
- Microsoft Works 6.0
- Cyberlink PowerDVD 3.0 (serial number located on the CD sleeve)
- Advent 3408 base unit
- UK mains power cable
- UK modem cable
- Stereo speakers (with power adaptor)
- 3 button mouse (PS/2)
- Keyboard (PS/2)
- Advent top sheet - "Setting up your computer"
- Advent 3000 series manual
- Microsoft Windows XP "Start here..." guide
- PowerDVD serial number
The recovery process for your Advent computer uses a Ghost recovery image. You can restore your PC by:
- Insert CD1 into the DVD drive and restart your computer.
- The program will load and you will be warned that all data will be lost, continue at this screen.
- The recovery will begin, change the CD when prompted.
- At the end of the recovery remove the CD and restart your computer.