Canon BJC-4100 Printer
Drivers you can use if the BJC-4100 driver is not available.
- DOS : BJ-200/200e/200ex (BJ Mode/Black)
- DOS : Epson LQ2550 (LQ Mode Colour/Black)
- BC-20 - Black Ink
- BCI-21bk - Black Ink Tank (BC-21)
- BCI-21c - Tri Colour Ink (BC-21)
- BC-21e - Colour Print Head
- BC-29f - Fluorescent Ink & Integral Print Head
Cleaning Print Head
With the printer online, hold down the RESUME button for 2 beeps.
Switch printer off. Hold down the power button for the following number of beeps,
- 6 Beeps - LQ mode for USA
- 7 Beeps - BJ mode for USA
- 8 Beeps - LQ mode for Europe, Asia
- 9 Beeps - BJ mode for Europe, Asia
- 10 Beeps - BJ mode for UK and Asia
Demo Test : Switch Printer off. Hold down power button for 1 beeps. Press RESUME to stop.
Status Test : Switch Printer off. Hold down power button for 2 beeps. Press RESUME to stop.
Ripple Test : Switch Printer off. Hold down power button for 3 beeps. Press RESUME to stop.
Nozzle Test : Switch Printer off. Hold down power button for 4 beeps. Press RESUME to stop.
Location - Cream coloured label on the back of the printer near the power cord
Prefixes - EAW...
- CF-102A4 - Transparencies. Used for producing overhead transparencies.
- GP-101A4 - Glossy Paper. Heavier coated paper, used for graphics.
- LC-101A4 - Coated A4 Paper. Coated paper used for high quality print.
- LC-301A4 - BubbleJet Paper A4. Lightly coated, water resistant everyday usage paper.
- FS-101 - Fabric Sheet. Allows images to be printed onto 100% Cotton fabric (Machine Washable).
- BF-102A4 - Back Print Film A4. Used to produce back-lit displays.
- HG-101 - High Gloss Film A4. Gives documents a Gloss finish, used for reports/graphics.
- TR-101 - T-Shirt Transfer. Images can be printed onto the transfer material and then ironed onto T-shirts, Sweaters, etc..
Printing Gibberish When Attached to a Packard Bell PC
If the printer is attached to a Packard Bell 9000 Series PC, then go into the Control Panel and then Fonts, and look for the Font WPBOXDRAWING. If it is there, then delete it. Also check that the Canon printer is set as the default printer.
Black Page When Printing Faxes
If when you print a fax, it comes out as a solid black page, go into the printer's properties and set the printer to Mono.
Error Message : "Internal Error: Colour Adjustment Method will not be available".
Whenever you try to print you get the above message. If you press OK, it prints, but if you press Cancel it says you don't have enough memory to use the printer's driver. The solution is to update the printer's drivers to version 3.93 or higher. The drivers should be available from Canon's Website. Remember to uninstall the previous driver before updating.
|Off||Off|| ||No Power|| |
|On||Off|| ||Ready State|| |
|On||On||1||Paper Pickup Error or out of paper||Add Paper or clear paper jam and press the Resume|
|On||On||2||Paper Jam||Clear paper jam and press the Resume|
|Blinks||Off|| ||BJ Cartridge not detected||Install BJ Cartridge or replace. You will notice the carriage will be in the middle position.|
|Blinks||Blinks||1||RAM Error||Unplug the printer for 20 seconds, if problem persists then printer Requires a Service.|
|Blinks||Blinks||2||ROM Error||Unplug the printer for 20 seconds, if problem persists then printer Requires a Service.|
|Blinks||Blinks||3||Cartridge not detected||Try replacing the cartridge, if this fails then the printer requires service|
|Blinks||Blinks||4||Home Position Error||Remove the cartridge and check to make sure nothing is blocking the path of the carriage, if not then the printer requires a service|
|Blinks||Blinks||5||Waste Full||Requires Service|
|Blinks||Blinks||6||Temperature Sensor Error||Try replacing the cartridge, if this fails then the printer requires service|
|Blinks||Blinks||7||Print Position||Unplug the printer for 20 seconds, if problem persists then printer Requires a Service.|
|Blinks||Blinks||8-9||Head temperature or sensor error||Try replacing the cartridge, if this fails then the printer requires service|
|Blinks||Blibks||10||Cleaning Error||Remove the cartridge and check to make sure nothing is blocking the path of the carriage, if not then the printer requires a service|
Waste Error Reset
Unplug Power Cord
Hold POWER and RESUME buttons
Plug in Power Cord
Open front door of printer
Hold the CARTRIDGE and RESUME buttons
Release all buttons after the beeps
Press CARTRIDGE once